LIGHT THE GRILL! LIGHT THE GRILL!
Seriously, this recipe will make you the grill champion amongst all your friends! Combining the three B’s of grilling: Beer, Bacon, and Beef, the BBQ Pit Boys managed to surprise us even further by serving the burgers in a bowl of creamy mashed potatoes.
Fire up your grill and be ready to impress your friends and family with this delish stick to your ribs burger recipe.
- 4-5 pounds 80/20 or 85/15 ground chuck
- 2 pounds bacon
- 1 beer can of your favorite choice
- 6 buns OR 6 individual bowls of mashed potatoes
- Cheese of your choice
- Toppings/fillings of your choice- used in the video are mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, and peppers, sauteed.
- Shown in the video are the options of deli sliced Roast Beef, BBQ Ribs, Corned Beef Hash, and Canned Chili.
- Preheat the grill to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- Make hamburger balls, 8 to 12 ounces each. Make sure meat is cold for a solid round ball to form. About the size of a baseball is what you are trying to create.
- Press your favorite beer can into the center of each meatball forming a pocket around the can.
- Wrap two slices of bacon around each burger.
- Remove beer can from meatball carefully.
- Take your stuffing/toppings (the sauteed vegetables and optional meat suggestions) and start placing the filling inside the burgers pockets.
- Top with cubed or shredded cheese. Place 2-3 cubed pieces inside the burger pocket or top with 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
- Place the beer bacon burgers opposite hot coals for indirect cooking.
2. Put the lid on the grill and cook for one hour. (Optional – turn and rotate after 30 minutes)
3. After one hour check for the desired doneness. Medium rare is recommended.
4. Remove from grill. Plate and serve.