Incredible fluffy scrambled eggs are perfect each time if you follow the tips and tricks in this video.
- 3 eggs per person.
- 1 tablespoon of butter per person.
- 2 flat cap or Portobello mushrooms per person.
- Cherry tomatoes on the vine, 3-5 tomatoes per person.
- 1 thick slice of Sourdough bread, toasted per person.
- Two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Creme Fraiche per person.
- 2 teaspoons of Chive per person.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- In a skillet, add the oil and then the mushroom caps and tomatoes still on the vine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Leave in the pan on low to medium heat.
- Slice and toast your bread.
- For the eggs, begin with an unheated saucepan and add the three eggs and butter. Do not scramble the eggs before you add them to the pan. On high heat, begin the scrambling with your spatula.
- Once the eggs begin to thicken, remove them from the heat but keep stirring. Do this three or four times for about 30 seconds each time.
- Now completely remove from the heat and add the Creme Fraiche.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold the chives in.
- Remove the mushrooms and tomatoes from the pan.
- Plate and serve. Drizzle a little more Creme Fraiche if you desire over the top of the eggs.
- Repeat this process for every person.
The trick is to remove the eggs from the heat several times to get the creamy consistency. You also do not want to season the eggs until right the end.
Keep the tomatoes on the vine as they will hold their shape and roast beautifully. This will add to the wow factor of your plate presentation when you are impressing your guests.
The eggs pair excellently with smoked salmon or your favorite breakfast meat of choice.
Gordon Ramsey only hires kitchen staff if they can make the perfect scrambled egg. So, here is your entrance exam budding chefs and home cook chef wannabe people!